Funding Decisions for 2016
We are excited to announce our funding decisions for 2016. After careful review and consideration, the following organizations have been selected for funding in 2016.
Astor Services for Children & Families
Chester Children’s Chorus
Friends of the Children New York
Henry Street Settlement
Philadelphia Children’s Alliance
The Reading Team
YMCA of Greater NY
YMCA of Kingston and Ulster County
Young Women’s Leadership Network
YWCA Ulster County, Girls Incorporated of Ulster and Dutchess Counties
We thank all organizations that applied for this year’s funding. For future funding information, please look to our website by January 1st for updated policies on applying. Applications will due by April 1st, 2017.
Foundation Mailing Address
The Foundation’s mailing address has changed. All mail can be sent to:
Helen’s Hope Foundation
646 Clovelly Lane
Devon, PA 19333
Please note, all applications are requested electronically and most communication is preferred electronically unless requested otherwise.
Foundation currently accepting applications: Due April 1st, 2016
Helen’s Hope Foundation will be accepting grant applications for their April 1st 2016 deadline. Applicants must follow the instructions below or listed on the “Apply” page of the website. Any questions regarding the application process can be sent to Mallorysilva@helenshopefoundation.org. No matter the date of submission, all applicants will be contacted by the end of April regarding site visits. Decisions will be made before July with checks being sent out to grant recipients by July 1st.
Helen’s Hope is dedicated to providing support to underprivileged youth and the programs and people that aid them. The Foundation funds programs in FL (Monroe County and the Miami area), NJ, NY (Greater NY and the Mid-Hudson Valley), and PA (Philadelphia and the surrounding area) from organizations that provide educational support, health and fitness, family support and other important areas of development for underprivileged youth.
Grant applications are due to the Foundation by April 1st. Proposals should be for projects and programs that match the mission of Helen’s Hope Foundation.
- Only nonprofit charitable organizations, exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, are eligible to receive a grant.
- The Foundation accepts requests from organizations with programs in the following locations: Florida (Monroe County and the Miami area), New Jersey, New York (Greater NY and the Mid-Hudson Valley), Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and the surrounding areas)
- The Foundation accepts requests up to $50,000 unless the Foundation has discussed a different amount.
Grants are usually awarded for one year only. Projects in areas the Foundation has a special interest may be considered for multi-year funding and larger gifts. Organizations may reapply from one year to the next.
- An organization may only be funded once per calendar year. Organizations receiving grants are required to complete an evaluation report within twelve months after receipt of the funds to ensure eligibility for future funding.
How to apply
- All applications must be formatted in the following way:
- Applications must be a Word Document or PDF and budgets may be Word, PDF or Excel File. Please save all files using the applying organization’s name followed by the year followed by the title of the document (ex: Jane Fund April 2013 Cover Page).
- All pages must be numbered and include the organization’s name in the footer.
- All applications must be e-mailed to: MallorySilva@HelensHopeFoundation.org and must state the name of the applying organization in the subject line.
- All applications must include:
- A cover page including: organization name, organization website (if applicable), organization address, contact information, program/project name, request amount and a brief project description.
- A proposal, not exceeding five (5) pages, clearly setting forth the proposed program and the objectives to be attained.
- An outline of how the program’s success will be monitored and evaluated.
- A project/program budget including revenue and expenses. Under revenue, please include other foundations or corporations you have applied to for funding.
- Your organization’s most recent budget including revenue and expenses as approved by the Board of Directors.
- A copy of your IRS Section 501(c)(3) status.
2015 Grant Recipients Announced
The Foundation was once again overwhelmed with the number of applicants for funding. The work being done in FL, NJ, NY, and PA for underprivileged youth is impressive and groundbreaking. After diligent review, we are thrilled to fund many new organizations as well as continue support of organizations we feel extremely connected with. Our grant recipient list can be found on our Organizations We Fund page.
We will once again accept grant applications in the spring of next year. Our grant deadline will remain April 1st and any updates to our application procedure will be found on our website after February 1st.
2015 Grant Applications Being Accepted
As of January 1st, the Foundation is accepting applications for their 2015 Grant Cycle.
Grant Applications are due on April 1st and must include all information listed on the Apply page. Applicants must be non-profit 501(c)3 organizations providing services to underprivileged children and those that support them. All applications must be sent electronically to the Foundation’s Director. Funding decisions will be made by July 1st, with site visits taking place in May and June if necessary.
For questions or concerns, please contact Mallory Silva at email@example.com.