- Only nonprofit charitable organizations, exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, are eligible to receive a grant.
- The Foundation accepts requests from organizations with programs in the following locations: Florida (Monroe County and the Miami area), New Jersey, New York (Greater NY and the Mid-Hudson Valley), Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and the surrounding areas)
- The Foundation accepts requests up to $50,000.
- Grants are usually awarded for one year only. Projects in areas the Foundation has a special interest may be considered for multi-year funding and larger gifts. Organizations may reapply from one year to the next.
- An organization may only be funded once per calendar year. Organizations receiving grants are required to complete an evaluation report within twelve months after receipt of the funds to ensure eligibility for future funding.
How to apply
All applications must be formatted in the following way:
- Applications must be a Word Document or PDF and budgets may be Word, PDF or Excel File. Please save all files using the applying organization’s name followed by the year (ex: Jane Fund April 2013 Cover Page).
- All pages must be numbered and include the organization’s name in the footer.
- All applications must be e-mailed to MallorySilva@HelensHopeFoundation.org and must state the name of the applying organization in the subject line.
All applications must include:
- A cover page including: organization name, organization website (if applicable), organization address, contact information, program/project name, request amount and a brief project description.
- A proposal, not exceeding five (5) pages, clearly setting forth the proposed program and the objectives to be attained.
- An outline of how the program’s success will be monitored and evaluated.
- A project/program budget including revenue and expenses. Under revenue, please include other foundations or corporations you have applied to for funding.
- Your organization’s most recent budget including revenue and expenses as approved by the Board of Directors.
- A copy of your IRS Section 501(c)(3) status.
The grant request must be received on or before April 1st.
Upon receipt of the completed proposal, the Foundation may request additional information or schedule a visit.